Sunday, May 15, 2011

Moving and Other Bad Words


We have finally moved all of our belongings out of our former apartment. Unfortunately, our car is filled to the brim with those last stragglers, mixing bowls, lamps, ironing board, and cleaning supplies to name a few. I will tell you one thing, I hate moving. I am ready to be all settled down in our new place but I am also completely overwhelmed at the prospect of starting this terrible task. We should be able to freeze life while we unpack. How great would that be? Moving invokes two thoughts: first, why do I have all this stuff I have absolutely no use for? Second, I can't even live when everything I need is in a box? You will never now how important something is in your life until it is in one of 32 extremely similar vodka boxes. Vodka boxes make the very best kitchen and book packing boxes and since we have about a bazillion books most of SVU thinks we are completely unaware of the honor code. Hopefully I can get this place whipped into shape and post some pictures of our cool new dorm room. Speaking of breaking the honor code, its a strange thing to share a dorm room with your husband.
Justin is pretty busy himself with his intense May term classes. He is taking logic and contemporary issues. Everyday he comes home to tell me he is a logician. After 2 weeks its not really funny anymore. However, I remain his faithful cheerleader and force him to go to class when he thinks he might quit. This conversation happens a lot more often than you would expect in our home. Justin is also stressing because he is taking the LSAT on June 6th.

This is Justin registering for the LSAT

After the LSAT is over with we will begin our official summer break, which I can't wait for! We have no plans really except to sleep and do as little as possible. We are going to go tubing! While I am terrified of lakes, rivers and the ocean I still love tubing down the Maury River just down the road.
Life is full of inconsistency and monotony right now. An interesting combination to live in. I just know I keep having to do things I don't want or did not expect to do, all the while I am doing all the same stuff that I am ready for a break from. Justin is very much feeling the same way but I guess that is just life and that is what makes it wonderful too. Life never stays the same for long and thank goodness because I can't handle that. Being raised in a family that everyday was different, I struggle to fit into this mold of 9-5 scheduled people. I thought college would kill me with schedules but that does not necessarily end when college is over. It is amazing how when you leave home the world suddenly becomes aware of you and slowly begins to dictate your life until you hardly have a say in what you are doing from one minute to the next. Spontaneity begins to feel as illusive as a big foot and it becomes an all out battle for one thing that you actually want to do. That is my project the next few weeks. Justin and I are going to take back our time and do something with it! We are also going to do at least 4 fun things next month. This weekend we get to go to Ohio for to short of a visit and a wedding. That will give us the adventure we need to finish out this month without becoming full fledge zombies. Also, shout out to zombie appreciation month. I guess that's where this feeling comes from. Oh well, at least Justin and I get to be together no matter what happens. We like each other a lot and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment