Saturday, August 9, 2014

Penelope 2 and 1/2

Just ask Penelope and she will let you know she is "two-ah end a hafe-ah". She is growing like a weed and making the transition from toddler to child in leaps and bounds. Literally. He favorite thing in the world is running with jumping being a close second. She is all about her running shoes and begs for me to take her jogging. We live on a busy street and she sees lots of runners. Heaven knows she didn't learn it from me. I do enjoy our jogs together though.

,




She had her 2 1/2 check up in June. The doctor was super impressed with her speech skills. She will talk your ear off. There is nothing more hilarious than hearing babies say big phrases. Like "Oh shoot Mommy! I forgot to take back my libary books!". When she combines three or more sentences in a row it always catches me off guard and makes me laugh. I was bothering her the other day and she said "STOP! Look at me. You no do dat ever again or I gunna put you in time out." She was serious too. I love they was she talks and the cute little learning English phrases are slipping away. I wish I had written them down. 
She always calls herself "me". "No, me do dat (that)!"
For a long time, she would get confused and call everyone else me also. She used to say "I love me (you)!". It always made us giggle but now she has it down. 
Some favorite words and phrases
-slippy cup (sippy cup)
-Me Justin Sinner 
-pellopee (Penelope)
-putting baby in front of people's names. Baby Jackson, baby daddy, baby Margie. 
-hip-ups (hiccups)
-heartbeaps (heartbeats)

She is a handful and always full of energy. There was a lady at the park when I was 41 weeks pregnant with Jackson. Her kids were like 2 bumps on a log. The boy was a little older than Penelope but had clearly directed his moter skill efforts in places other than running. As I waddled, Penelope ran, non-stop for the next 45 mins. The mother was clearing watching us the whole time and finally piped up "Is she always this....active?". I said always. She is either running or sleeping. She looked a little horrified.





Penelope is so kind and gracious. She will come downstairs after a nap and ask "Mommy clean the living room?" I reply "Yes, I cleaned the living room". She smiles very big and yells "Oh! Fank you mommy! Fank you for cleaning my living room!" This happens when I make do her laundry, help her put on her shoes, or feed her. Which happens to be about ever 45 mins all day long. That girl can eat. I guess if you are constantly running it's okay to eat 4 boiled eggs and 4 pieces of bacon for your first breakfast.




She is also very kind and loving. She wants to help little kinds do stuff. She always wants to teach people things. Unfortunately, she is very physical and forcing a little babies head the way she want it to go is rarely appreciated. She plays well with big kids though because she never cares if she falls or gets hurt.


Penelope is extremely independent. She wants to do everything herself. She is brave. We do lots of affirmations in our house. I am patient. I am brave. I am kind. I am a good helper. I am thankful. I make her say these things when she is having trouble acting appropriately. It's cool to see how these are shaping how she deals with new situations. If something is scary she will let me know she is scarred. I tell her it's okay to be scarred. She usually sits there for a minute and then comes back and say "No Mommy, I wanna try it. I brave. I no scarred". She loves to be brave and be a good helper. She hates to be patient. She is determined. If it's in her mind she will do it unless you can persuade her with some additional information that would make changing her idea worth her while. Most of the time, my arguments fall flat and she will do it the way she wants. If she receives too many suggestions about how to do something, she will always go back to her original thought.



I think she is just the neatest. She is so wonderful and is growing into such a great little lady. I was talking with my mom about how all the things that are most difficult about her also her strengths. She will be a force to the reckoned with when she is a fully functioning adult. Until then, I will cuddle her when she cries,try and keep up with her when she runs, take all the hugs and kisses I can get.


No comments:

Post a Comment